Price: £54.17 GBP +VAT (£65.00)
Reversal of your own coolant manifold. Includes re-machining of the o-ring faces when required (it is on around 60% of manifolds), weld repair of any crevice corrosion as long as it hasn’t corroded right through (it almost never has), and new o-rings.
Any other repairs such as replacing the 8mm steel pipe which feeds the preheat coolant to the throttle body if it is damaged or badly corroded costs extra.
Your manifold must be one of the types shown below not reversed to help you to identify whether yours can be reversed:
Coolant manifold types which we can modify to fit in reverse:
There are many other types of coolant manifolds than the ones shown above (easily more than 10 others). None of them are practical to reverse (many of them are shown at the bottom of the page), but many of them can be replaced by these types once they are reversed.
If you have coolant manifolds which you don’t need, we pay from £15 to £45 for them depending on condition, as long as we don’t have too many at the time).
These reversed manifolds fit all normally aspirated engines from MY90 to MY01, and all turbo engines from MY90 to around MY96. With later models than that a reversed manifold can be fitted, but it often needs to be based on a different manifold design to the one which was originally on the engine:
- If your engine is one of the normally aspirated EJ series models with EGR, your reversed manifold needs to be type D or E as shown above (very preferably type E)
- If your engine is turbo and later than around MY96, your reversed manifold needs to be type D or E as shown above (very preferably type E)
- If your engine is turbo and has tumbler valves, we need to know this when reversing it, as they’re done differently to these engines
Please note, this does not include reversing manifolds which have been painted. If you have one which is painted, please either remove all paint from it before sending, or we can blast it at extra cost (£15). It’ll be blasted with aluminium oxide, which doesn’t leave the nicest finish on aluminium though (it’s rough – about like 280 grit sandpaper. Maybe ideal if you’re painting it again, but otherwise not the nicest finish)
This is not an exchange manifold service. We tried doing them on an exchange basis, but there is no way that it can keep everybody happy, even with a surcharge. Too many times the customer either:
- Sent their manifold back in exchange a year or more later – that is of no use to us
- Never sent their manifold back – that is of no use to us
- Was unhappy if we returned a perfectly functional manifold that was not as clean or had more (aesthetic, not function affecting) corrosion than the one they sent us
The best solution to all of the above is to reverse the customers own manifold. That way we’re not left with less manifolds, and they’re always happy with the condition. We usually save manifolds up and reverse them every one to two weeks as required. We can turn them around faster if required for no extra cost, but only of you arrange that up front.
These manifold types we can’t me modify to fit in reverse:
See Coolant Filling and Bleeding Procedure for details of how to fill this system with coolant